Silent Night (Christmas Eve, December 24), is a part of Christmas in most Christian countries, but now, because of the integration of Chinese and Western cultures, has become a worldwide festival. Christmas Eve is traditionally the day when Christmas trees are put up, but as Christmas celebrations begin earlier, such as after Thanksgiving in the United States, many Christmas trees are put up weeks before Christmas. Extended development so far Christmas Eve not only refers to the night of December 24, refers to Christmas Eve, in particular refers to the whole day on December 24, but because the general holiday atmosphere is easy to mobilize in the evening, large-scale activities are concentrated in the evening, it is called Christmas Eve. Then millions of Europeans and Americans will return home to reunite. An essential celebration on Christmas Eve is a party. Most European and American family members gather at home, have a hearty dinner, then sit around a roaring fire, play the piano and sing. Or hold a unique masquerade party, all night to celebrate Christmas Eve is a happy, peaceful, carnival Christmas Eve, reunion night, looking forward to the arrival of Christmas. It is said that on Christmas Eve, Santa Claus will quietly prepare gifts for children to put in stockings.
It's about the birth of Jesus Christ. Legend has it that on the night of Jesus' birth, shepherds guarding their flocks in the wilderness suddenly heard a voice from heaven telling them that Jesus was born. According to the Bible, Jesus came to earth to be king on earth, so the angels spread the message to more people through these shepherds. Later, people will imitate angels, in the evening of Christmas Eve everywhere to tell the news of the birth of Jesus, then for the later generations of the "good news." In Christian societies, on Christmas Eve, every family traditionally puts up a Christmas tree. That night, the whole family gathered in the living room, singing Christmas songs around the Christmas tree, exchanging gifts, sharing the joys and sorrows of life with each other, expressing the blessings and love of the heart, and praying for happiness in the coming year. Many Christians traditionally attend midnight Mass or gatherings on Christmas Eve, usually held in churches around the world, to mark the beginning of Christmas Day. Some churches hold candlelit worship early in the evening, usually with a play on the nativity story and a big meal. The traditional German dish is roast carp. In addition, Christmas Eve is also considered to be the time for Santa Claus and similar figures in other regions to go around delivering gifts to good children.
Joseph Moore was born in Salzburg, Austria, on December 11, 1792, the illegitimate son of Anna Schauber, a knitter, and an infantryman of the local garrison. His father fled in fear. At the baptism, a Salzburg executioner named Josef Wolgmuth had to be godfather.
More had a kind heart, and was willing to work for the weak, the poor, and children, but his unhappy life kept the young More driven away. It was not until 1815 that More became a priest in the small town of Oberndorf, near Salzburg, where he met Franz Keshaver Grubel, an elementary school teacher and fair organizer from the neighboring town of Arnsdorf. The two became good friends.
"Silent Night," a Christmas song by Mohr (lyrics) and Gruebel (composition), was first performed in the town church of Oberndorf on December 24, 1818, with guitar accompaniment because the organ had been bitten by rats. By the way, "Silent Night" has been translated into almost all the languages in the world, the original lyrics are written in German, the first line is StilleNacht (silent night or quiet night), quiet or silence is different from "peace", but it was first translated into Chinese as "Silent night".
On December 24, 1914, soldiers from various countries participating in World War I spontaneously stopped fighting and heard Silent Night sung by Austrian opera actress Orise Schumann on the radio. Her two sons were listening to her on the front lines, one in the German trenches, the other in the front lines of the Allied army, and they wished that the war would be over and that they would be home with her. "Christmas Eve" witnessed the wishes of the people of the world for peace, Thanksgiving parents on Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve is also considered a time for Santa Claus and similar figures in other regions to go around delivering presents to good children. In Italy, presents are opened on the morning of Christmas Eve, while in the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Portugal and Poland, presents are usually opened on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day morning.
In most parts of Germany, Christmas presents are opened on Christmas Eve (Bescherung in German). In Iceland, Christmas begins at 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve, with church bells tolling and family members enjoying a festive dinner before opening presents and spending the evening together. In North America, most families open presents on Christmas morning. For divorced families, children may spend two days apart to celebrate with one parent or the other. In Spain the gifts will not be opened until the morning of the Diad Eyes, January 6. Many traditional Christmas stories take place on Christmas Eve.
In Japan, where most people believe in the traditional Shinto religion and Buddhism, the religious flavor of Christmas is weak, and people rarely pay attention to the religious significance of Christmas or Christmas Eve. It is mostly young people who are influenced by commercial hype and equate Christmas with gift exchanges, carnival or an extension of Valentine's Day. Young people have parties and couples often have dates and dinner on Christmas Eve, resulting in restaurants and hotels far more crowded than churches.
Christmas Eve singing Christmas songs, this is an old tradition; According to incomplete statistics, there are about thousands of recorded Christmas songs around the world; There are more than fifty songs that have long been sung, and the most famous Christmas song is Silent Night. The song has 6 bars, of which 3 are the most popular (bars 1, 2, and 6 in the original). The first verse basically reads: Silent Night, Holy night! / Rest all, / Wake up the most Holy One. / Sweet curling son, / Sleep, in sweet peace, / Sleep, in sweet peace. The first line is "Silent Night", hence the name of the song "Silent Night", from then on, Christmas Eve is called "Silent Night".
1. Christmas Eve is also considered a short day. In the United Kingdom, Christmas Eve is sometimes considered a short day (closed in the afternoon) by banks and trading companies if it falls on a weekday.
2. The Catholic Christmas season begins on Christmas Eve. The Catholic Christmas season begins on Christmas Eve. Unless it's a Sunday. The vigil is said to have taken place on the morning of December 24th. However, attending Christmas parties before midnight is not allowed.
3. Christians attend midnight Mass or gatherings on Christmas Eve. Many Christians traditionally attend midnight Mass or gatherings on Christmas Eve, usually held in churches around the world, to mark the beginning of Christmas Day. Some churches hold candlelit worship early in the evening. There is usually a play on the nativity story. A large meal is also served, usually Turkey or ham as the main course. The traditional German dish is roast carp.
4. Give apples. In China, people will also give each other apples on Christmas Eve, apple "apple", and peace "ping", homophone, therefore, eating apple on Christmas Eve also means "peace" meaning.
5. Have a fancy costume party. All night to celebrate Christmas Eve is a happy, peaceful, carnival Christmas Eve, reunion night.
6. Reunite with family. Hundreds of thousands of Europeans and Americans have returned home to reunite. An essential part of Christmas Eve is a party or gathering. Most European and American families gather at home, have a hearty dinner, and then sit around a roaring fire, playing music and singing.
7. Hang colorful socks at the head of a bed. It is said that on the night of Christmas Eve, the Christmas husband will drive a reindeer sleigh full of gifts to send some of the children who have performed very well this year, he will quietly climb into the house from the chimney, gifts stuffed in the socks hanging on the head of the bed. So the children will always put a strip of colorful socks hanging at the head of the bed, and put a cup of hot milk next to the socks to the hard work of Santa Claus to quench their thirst, and send a gift to themselves.
8. Exchange gifts and good news. On Christmas Eve, the whole family will gather in the living room, sing Christmas songs around the Christmas tree, exchange gifts with each other, share the joys and sorrows of life in the past year, express the blessings and love of the heart. In this evening will see a group of lovely little boys or girls, hand poetry playing guitar, a poetry singing good news.
Copyright © 2023 Paidu Group Limited -www.paidumanufacturer.com All Rights Reserved.